Malware and Ransomware are by far the biggest threat to your business. They are making newspaper headlines every day. Given that, you would think that businesses would adapt to stay safe online but they are failing to even follow the basics to protect against the very real dangers. Just one click on an email or malicious website can download Malware that will stop your business dead in its tracks.
Malwarebytes have produced a very readable, yet eye-opening report of the different types of malware currently being distributed and how ridiculously easy it is to be a victim.
Covered within the report, is the staggering 267% annual growth in the distribution of Ransomware.
• How much the likely increase will be next year.
• Malware’s ability to be incredibly sneaky – hiding in the most common files, including word documents and email attachments.
• The steps every business need to take to prevent loss.
Protection against malware requires a three-fold approach:
1. It is essential to have a Unified Threat Management Device on the boundary of your network, constantly updated, monitoring and removing malicious traffic trying to enter or leave the network.
2. Endpoint security within the network will constantly be on the lookout for malicious activity on the computer. In addition to understanding the basic threats that can be on the internet and being able to identify what is safe, whether it’s visiting websites or downloading files.
3. Staff need training in what to look for and steps to take if they think something is wrong.
Protect your business the onslaught of Cyber Crime, call Pink Connect today and discover how a small investment now will stop the criminals in their tracks.
Call us on 0345 450 9393