What is IP Direct Connect?
IP Direct Connect is the UK’s market-leading SIP Trunking solution, connecting your site directly into Pink Connect’s network via an IP connection to carry and terminate your inbound and outbound voice calls across the public telephone network.
The service provides a highly flexible alternative to ISDN solutions and is designed to work successfully with all the leading IP PBX brands in the UK market, giving you peace of mind in knowing that your PBX hardware works with the network service.
Compared to ISDN, IP Direct Connect is cheaper on a per channel basis, more flexible in terms of what telephone numbers you can have and where you can have them, is quicker to install and offers a very robust business continuity service that ensures your business never loses calls. The service can support connections ranging from two channels for businesses with small PBXs to no limit on the number of channels that can be supported for large enterprises and contact centres.
The Benefits of SIP Trunking
- Flexibility with your phone numbers: Allows you to move office and keep your same geographic number without any ongoing call forwarding costs and costs associated
- with new company stationery.
- Business continuity: If your office has to be temporarily relocated in an emergency, this can quickly and cost effectively be achieved with SIP Trunking.
- Line rationalisation: for businesses with multiple sites, SIP Trunking provides ISDN line rationalisation options and reduces the number of PBXs you need to maintain, all with full control of the numbers associated with your business.
- Save money: IP connectivity costs less than ISDN with lower call costs, free internal calls between extensions and offices (including international calls) and lower line rental costs for multi sites. Also, no expensive call-forwarding costs are required should you relocate or need to divert calls in the event of a disaster.
- Resilience: A phone service that will cope with any situation and give you 100% up time on your telephony. Whether you need to keep your business running without expensive call forwarding costs in a disaster or emergency or you need to load balance your calls between sites during peak hours, SIP Trunking delivers.
- Voice and internet convergence: With IP Direct Connect delivered over ethernet, you can have both a high quality voice and data service all over one connection, giving you significant cost savings